Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 17

Today's picture is of my new book, Eat Right For Your Type. My chiropractor told me about this book back when I was having some stomach issues. My doctor was prescribing some heavy medication that I would need to take for the rest of my life. Being a naturalist (well, I try my hardest to be), I didn't like the idea of needing to take a bunch of medications, when I knew there must be something I can do to change my diet. Enter this book.

The "type" refers to your blood type. I mean, it makes sense, once food is digested, all the good (and bad) from the food go to different parts of the body via the blood stream. What do you think goes through your arteries?

I read a little about my blood type, Type O. What I found interesting is that it says to eat a diet of animal protein and lessen the intake of eggs and wheat... pretty much the opposite of what I have been doing. It describes the ancestry of the blood type, why you should and shouldn't eat different types of foods, and how those foods interact with your body. It's pretty interesting and I'd suggest it to anyone who wants to learn what they should be eating for their specific blood type!

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool! But...why did you go to a chiropractor for stomach problems?

    ReplyDelete