Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 10th


Today was the NH Primary. For the past week, Manchester has been buzzing with candidates, past politicians, and news crews. It's been exciting, but annoying at the same time (no spaces to park downtown!). One exciting aspect of the primary was Mitt Romney using SNHU as his headquarters while he waiting for the results! I don't care what your political stance is, it's pretty cool for your place of work/school you graduated from to have such a big hand in something major that everyone in the country will be watching. SNHU is no stranger to political candidates. Obama gave our commencement speech in 2007 and played basketball with our president and the Director of Admissions (my boss...who ended up elbowing Obama in the game!). John Huntsman gave my commencement speech in 2011 when I got my masters. We also had MTV host the "Rock the Vote" here with John McCain and Hilary Clinton give a speech here as well. The list goes on... these were just the events that happened when I was a student here!


Romney ended up winning the primary, and while I was watching his victory speech on TV, all I could think was "look, it's my school!"

Bad part of all this? 1. Crazy people were coming into our office asking where to go for the campaign. 2. Crazy amounts of people on our campus, and I almost got hit by one of these Romney fanatics trying to leave campus. 3. They blocked off half of our Dining Hall (HQ) and all of our Hospitality building all day. Oh the wonders and joys of being a university in Manchester!

No comments:

Post a Comment